Phenolic Resin Mortar is widely used for Acid Resistant Bricks & Tiles lining works as Bedding & Jointing Mortar for Tanks, Floor, Drain, Foundation, Chemical Reaction Vessels, and Neutralization Pit etc.
It is resistant to Concentrated H2SO4 acid, acid, Non-Oxidizing Acids, Dilute Oxidizing acids, Solvents and Neutral Salts.
Resistant to temperature
170ÃâÃÂ° C (Max.)
Preparation of Mortar
Preparation of Mortar generally consists of Solution & Powder. In order to obtain good working consistency, the average mixing ratio is 1 Pbw of Solution & 3 pbw of Powder. This ratio will slightly vary depending upon the temperature and working conditions.
Prepare small batches of Mortar. Stirrer the Solution thoroughly before use. Place the Solution in a suitable mixing pan and add powder in it. Mix thoroughly with a spatula or Trowel. The mixing operation shall be continued until a uniform mixture is obtained.
Make sure that all the Mortar is used from the mixing pan before another batch is prepared.
The cement plastered surface shall be slightly rough in line & level , dry & clean, free from dust, dirt, grease, oil etc., maintaining required slope etc. as no slope can be adjusted or altered in Acid proof lining works.
Setting / Curing
Phenolic Resin Mortar is a Self-hardening due to its chemical reaction which occurs when the Powder & Resin are mixed together.
- An initial setting occurs in 6 to 8 hrs. at 30ÃâÃÂ°C
- Final Setting occurs in 24 to 48 hrs. at 30ÃâÃÂ°C
- Curing time: 7 days at 30ÃâÃÂ°C
Please ensure that no water shall be spilled over the bricks lining works before it completely cured.
Mechanical/Physical property (As per IS-4832 Part-II)
- Working time at 30ÃâÃÂ°C: 20 minute (min)
- Density of cured mortar: 1.8 grm per cc
- Bond strength: 10 Kg.Cm2
- Compressive Strength: 350 Kg/Cm2
- Flexural Strength: 75 Kg/Cm2
- Water Absorption: 1%
- Solution: 2 Months at the temperature 32ÃâÃÂ°C
- Solution: 3 Months at the temperature 27ÃâÃÂ°C
Phenolic Resin is Sensitive to temperature auto polymerization of the resin process is continued at the room temperature, If Resin will gel form Occur it useless for application. When Resin not in use it store in cold area.
- Powder: 6 Months at the temperature 30ÃâÃÂ°C
All two components are stored in cool and dry place under the roof until ready to use it original unopened (Sealed) containers.
- Solution: 25 Kg. in M.S. Drum
- Powder: 25 Kg. in Plastic Bag.